Friday 20 January 2017

Cover Design


The final cover.
I had a clear vision for the cover art. I wanted the book cover to reflect a scene from the story, towards the end where things take place under a canal bridge.
I live near the grand union canal, so I took my camera and looked for suitable scenes. I needed a night scene, but pictures taken at night were not clear enough.

So, I had the idea of taking shot during the day and turning it into a negative via PhotoScape, a picture editing tool. I could then recolour it and make it feel more atmospheric. Here's the progression:


This is the original photograph
I took
 in the bright summer sun.


This is the edited version shown as a negative

This has been flipped horizontally
through 
180 degrees, recoloured
and a vignette 
added. I also made
more of the light shining from
beneath the bridge. Voila.


Please feel free to share - go on, push the button of your choice...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think...

Ask the author...

... anything - send him a direct email - he's very responsive.

The Nor'easter is on sale

    eBook from AmazoniBooksKobo or any other digital platform. Paperback from Amazon.

The Pink Herring is on sale

    Buy it as a paperback at Amazon or on any digital platform at Books2Read

Popular Posts: