Friday 8 March 2019

Retreat to France

To finish the third novel


Some of you may have seen from Twitter and Facebook that I've gone to France for a month or so to finish the third instalment in the Shaun Young series. 




My mum has a place in Central France in a small (Population: 76) rural town called Beaulieu which literally translates to Beautiful Place. It lives up to its name. 




Set on a hill it overlooks farmland and a small forest which has a brook running through it. It is a very tranquil place. Set on the main road running through Beaulieu, you would be lucky to see two or three cars go past in a day - tractors are more frequent, but only just.

I wrote some of The Pink Herring here during the hot summer of 2016 and reminded by the utter quiet the place affords a writer I have returned to finish The Whistle Blower - a task which should take me four to six weeks to get to the first draft. I have the opportunity of some short-term contract starting in April/May so I'm taking this distraction-free opportunity to do the work required in the time I have.



I have the place to myself, so I'll post updates on progress with the book and life in France at sporadic intervals - watch this space.

If you want to contact me while I'm out here, please drop me an email and I'll be pleased to read it and reply.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think...

Ask the author...

... anything - send him a direct email - he's very responsive.

The Nor'easter is on sale

    eBook from AmazoniBooksKobo or any other digital platform. Paperback from Amazon.

The Pink Herring is on sale

    Buy it as a paperback at Amazon or on any digital platform at Books2Read

Popular Posts: